- Elevation: 1,512 m (4,961 ft)
- Prominence: 1,227 m
- Ribu category: Kurang Tinggi
- Province: Peninsular Malaysia
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
Most hikers need 2 full days for this trek, with one night camping at or near the summit. Reports suggest around 8 hours to the top, so presumably around 6 hours back down. 4WD recommended for one hour journey to the trailhead, and sun cream is vital as there is not as much shade as on most other Malaysian mountains.
The trail begins on an old logging trail before heading off into a narrow mountain trail. There are three camping spots on the trail. Elephant dung is a common sight on this mountain!
- Getting there: The nearest town is Sungai Lembing which is about 4 hours from KL by car and 40km from Kuantan. The nearest airport and bus station is Kuantan.
- Accommodation: coming soon.
- Permits: You can register and pay for an e-Permit online from the Forestry Department of Malaysia website.
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall