By using the website Gunung Bagging or downloading any of the courses you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Gunung Bagging reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current services, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of our services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- You must be 18 years or older to legally purchase Gunung Bagging downloads or premium subscriptions.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address (such as the email you use for PayPal during a purchase) and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process or purchase.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Gunung Bagging cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- One person or legal entity may not maintain more than one account without prior permission from a Gunung Bagging representative.
- By using any of the resources (including but not limited to trip reports, trail information and write-ups, local average rainfall charts, comments, trail maps, contacts, GPS tracks) you accept that Gunung Bagging cannot be held liable for any accidents that may occur for whatever reason.
- You may not use the course materials for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- Should Gunung Bagging invite you on a trip arranged by Gunung Bagging, please note such events are not-for-profit, and undertaken entirely at each individual’s risk. Private insurance is highly recommended.
- Any technological problems such as download failures can be reported by contacting us directly. We will try our best to help as soon as we can.
- Gunung Bagging is strictly not-for-profit and probably never will be for-profit. It remains a ‘hobby project’ and therefore sponsors are welcome to contact us if they wish to support further development in the future. Any download fees and subscription funds are put towards travel costs, website hosting and additional resources such as new trail maps.
Purchase of Downloads and Subscriptions
- Currency: All prices are given in British Pounds Sterling (GBP).
- Because our subscriptions include online support, our products are not merely downloadable digital materials typically ineligible for refunds after download. Therefore we accept refund requests for our products and services up to 14 days after purchase if they are deemed of an unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.
Terms Specific to Individual Mountain Downloads and Annual Premium Subscriptions
- By using the GPS tracks (provided in KML and GPX formats) on a trek you accept that your journey and trek is undertaken entirely at your own risk and that Gunung Bagging cannot be held liable for any accidents that may occur for whatever reason.
- By using the contact details for Guides on a trek you accept that your journey and trek is undertaken entirely at your own risk and that Gunung Bagging cannot be held liable for any accidents that may occur for whatever reason.
- By using the Gunung Bagging trail maps on a trek you accept that your journey and trek is undertaken entirely at your own risk and that Gunung Bagging cannot be held liable for any accidents that may occur for whatever reason.
- Trip assistance is done to the best of our ability. We try to recommend good guides and the most suitable and appropriate logistics such as travel itineraries and recommended modes of transport, but latest information can change at short notice.
Terms Specific to Annual Premium Subscriptions
- Annual subscriptions are valid for a period of twelve months (1 year) from the date of purchase.
- Gunung Bagging reserves the right to increase the price of an annual subscription with no prior notice.
- Gunung Bagging aims to publish any hiking plans you wish to make public on the calendar for other Subscribers within a few days of receiving them. Please accept our apologies for any delays due to being away from our laptops. We cannot be held responsible for any private communication you have with other Subscribers or the success or failure of any joint trips.
- The local accommodation feature is a way for Gunung Bagging to make a small commission, all of which goes towards future trips and website enhancements.
- The feature utilises accommodation options available via the separate Booking.com website, of which we are an affiliate. All bookings that are made via Booking.com as a result of the feature on Gunung Bagging mountain pages are subject to Booking.com separate terms and conditions and Gunung Bagging is not to be held responsible for any problems arising from the booking process itself or the accommodation experience.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of The United Kingdom, without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
Last updated on December 23rd 2020.