- Elevation: 536 m (1,759 ft)
- Prominence: 212 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Sabah (Malaysia)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
This relatively small hill is not particularly prominent but it is the only place in all of Borneo with known historic volcanic activity. It is very close to the town of Tawau. The trailhead starts at the entrance to Tawau Hills Park (Taman Bukit Tawau) and it takes just one hour to reach the summit and a similar amount to descend.
- Getting there: The closest town is Tawau which has an airport. From the airport to Tawau Hills Park takes about 1 hour by car or taxi (or 30 minutes from Tawau itself). Public transport is poor or non-existent. There is also an express boat from Tarakan (Indonesia) to Tawau 3 or 4 times a week taking around 4-5 hours. In 2022, it leaves at 11am and costs Rp500,000 one-way.
- Permits: RM3 entrance fee for Malaysians (Rm10 for foreigners). Open for 8am until 4.30pm.
- Water sources: Take sufficient bottled water for what is a reasonably short hike.