- Elevation: 1,036 m (3,399 ft)
- Prominence: 986 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Peninsular Malaysia
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
There is plenty of information available on the Endau Rompin Park but very little on getting to its highest peak, Gunung Besar (‘big mountain’). Reports suggest it can be hiked from Kampung Tenang, and that most groups require 2 days to complete the trek. If you set out early enough with day packs it could probably be hiked in a single day. The Park is named after the two rivers in the area. If you’ve been to the top, do leave us a note below!
- Getting there: coming soon.
- Accommodation: coming soon.
- Permits: Required from Johor Forestry Dept. Speak to Endau Rompin Selai for help with this and for a guide. They can be reached (in 2018) via WhatsApp on +60137440952.
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall