- Elevation: 1,010 m (3,314 ft)
- Prominence: 975 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Peninsular Malaysia
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
Gunung Belumut is located in the Hutan Lipur Gunung Lumut (Mount Belumut Recreational Forest) and is a dayhike, requiring about 4 hours up and 3 hours back down. There are 3 checkpoints on the way to the peak and several water sources. It is popular with hikers from Singapore.
- Getting there: It is located near Kluang and could even be hiked as a day-trip from Singapore.
- Accommodation: coming soon.
- Permits: A real hassle. You need a permit from Johor Forestry (a ludicrous RM150 per group even if you are alone) and to get a nominal roll stamped at Kampung Gajah Police Station. Guide supposedly obligatory. You can now register and pay for an e-Permit online from the Forestry Department of Malaysia website.
- Water sources: Available at several pints on the trail but it is recommended you take your own bottled water.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall