- Elevation: 655 m (2,149 ft)
- Prominence: 655 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Maluku (Moluccas)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Teon, Teun
- Eruptions: 1659-60, 1663, 1693, 1904
Teon, an elongated island in the southwestern Banda arc, is also known as Serawerna, the name of its active crater. Another smaller crater is located to the NNE of Serawerna. Explosive eruptions have been recorded from the andesitic Teon volcano since the 17th century. The largest historical eruption, in 1660, produced pyroclastic flows and surges and caused damage and fatalities (Smithsonian).
- Getting there: Unknown
- Accommodation: Unknown
- Permits: Unknown – take a photocopy of your passport photo page just incase.
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):