- Elevation :549 m (1,801 ft)
- Prominence: 549 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Nusa Tenggara Timur
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Molas
The small island of Mules is situated just off the southern coast of Flores. According to the Bakosurtanal map, the highest peak is called Poco Kepi and is as high as 566m. It appears as a fantastic steep cliff from many angles and is probably an excellent viewpoint over the ocean.
The second highest peak on the island is Golo Bendera (‘flag hill’) which is 353 metres high according to Bakosurtanal and another probable great viewpoint. Its name suggests it has been used for hoisting flags at the top of, perhaps on Indonesian Independence Day.
Nominated as a Spesial peak by Chris Whiting.
- Getting there: Charter a boat to make the short crossing from mainland Flores.
- Accommodation: None available on the island itself.
- Permits: Not required but take a photocopy of your passport photo page just incase.
- Water sources: Unlikely on the mountain. Take plenty with you.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):