- Elevation: 2,825 m (9,268 ft)
- Prominence: 790 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Sulawesi Tengah (Central Sulawesi)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Also spelt ‘Katapasa’.
Katopasa is the slightly lower – but much more popular – neighbour to the rarely-visited Kandela. It is climbed several times a year by student hikers from Palu and other cities in Sulawesi. The summit itself is a sharp, shapely peak. The mountain is home to Anoa (small cattle) and lots of pitcher plants.
- Getting there: The main road leads along the north coast of this peninsula of Sulawesi between Poso and Luwuk.
- Accommodation: Unknown.
- Permits: Unknown.
- Water sources: Unknown.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):