- Elevation: 2,985 m (9,793 ft)
- Prominence: 1,104 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none
The US Army map gives two elevation figures for this mountain – 2961m and 2985m. The Metalik group of hikers in Aceh reached Point 2961m (shown as being south of 2985m on the Army map but not matching up to modern terrain detail) in 2010 and mention on their website that the peak is referred to as Puncak P.127 because there is a colonial-era triangulation pillar with P127 written on it.
- Getting there: It takes roughly 12-15 hours to reach the starting point from Medan by private car.
- Accommodation: In view of the long journey it is a good idea to stop on the way from Medan.
- Permits: Ask in the local village.
- Water sources: Available in various places – your porters/guides will advise how much bottled water you will need to bring.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):