- Elevation: 2,590 m (8,497 ft)
- Prominence: 1,883 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Sulawesi Tengah (Central Sulawesi)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names:Pompange
According to a botanist who hiked Pompangeo in 2013, it is definitely baggable and is even a rather ‘dull’ hike, relatively speaking. The road up into the mountains from the coast is full of pot holes, so walking in or using a motorbike is recommended. It is only 4km or so from the end of the road to the peak (in a straight line).
We hope to visit Pompangeo in the next few years. If visiting, do be sure to check the security situation first.
- Getting there: The closest airport is Poso which has a daily flight to/from Makassar.
- Accommodation: Poso is the nearest town, but most people are likely to prefer Tentena.
- Permits: Unknown.
- Water sources: Unknown.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):