- Elevation: 3,085 m (10,121 ft)
- Prominence: 1,811 m
- Ribu category: Sangat Tinggi
- Province: Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Previously listed as Bukit Mugajah
This mountain was reached in 2018 by Metalik hiking community. It took an astounding 27 days!
- Getting there: It takes roughly 12 hours to reach the starting point from Medan by private car.
- Accommodation: In view of the long journey it is a good idea to stop on the way from Medan.
- Permits: Likely to be time consuming!
- Water sources: Available in various places – your porters/guides will advise how much bottled water you will need to bring.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):
Origins and Meaning
Bukit Mugajah means ‘mountain of elephants’ in Acehnese. (Thanks to Mark Durie, 2011). Presumably the mountain is, or was, home to a large number of elephants. ‘Kurik’ means ‘chicken’ in the Gayo language.