- Elevation: 1,023 m (3,356 ft)
- Prominence: 772 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Kalimantan Tengah (Central Kalimantan)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none
Puruk Sandukui is incredibly difficult to get to – it takes several days from the nearest city of Palangkaraya. This may explain why there are so few images of it available online. Apparently, a team of students from Universitas Indonesia climbed it in August 2017! If Puruk Sandukui was better known, it would perhaps be one of the most celebrated natural landmarks in Southeast Asia. Known also as Bukit Telunjuk (‘Index Finger Hill’), this remote mountain features a 250-metre vertical stone cliff pinnacle as its peak. Apparently the closest village to Puruk Sandukui is Tumbang Masukih, approximately 10 kilometres away.
- Getting there: Several days from Palangkaraya – see comment below.
- Accommodation: No hotels so simple homestays currently the only option.
- Permits: Unknown
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):