- Elevation: 2,000 m (6,562 ft)
- Prominence: 1,859 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Papua
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Cycloop, Gunung Dafonsoro
This mountain range is very close to the city of Jayapura and Jayapura airport. It is probably best approached from near Sentani Lake to the south. There are two peaks of a very similar height (both around 2,000m) about 2 kilometres apart. A GPS reading (in the comment below) of 2,034m was supposedly logged at one of the peaks – but it’s unclear which one or what kind of device was used.
- Getting there: The mountain lies close to Sentani airport.
- Permits: Unknown
- Water sources: Unknown – assume none
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):