- Elevation: 913 m (2,995 ft)
- Prominence: 913 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Nusa Tenggara Timur
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Wolong Ladauneng
This peak is the highest point of a large island in Maumere Bay. The Bakosurtanal map lists the name of the summit at Wolong Ladauneng with a height of 913m. There is a north-eastern peak around 700 metres away with a height of 890m.
- Getting there: Fishing or dive boat from Maumere.
- Accommodation: There are several hotels/losmen in Maumere.
- Permits: Unknown
- Water sources: Unknown – take sufficient supplies with you.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):
Origins and Meaning
‘Pulau Besar’ simply means ‘big island’. We are not currently aware of the actual name of the highest point of the island.