- Elevation: 2,448 m (8,031 ft)
- Prominence: 1,130 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Bengkulu
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none
We currently know very little about this peak – please contact us if you can provide any information. It is on the border with Jambi and may even be in Jambi. A US Army map gives a summit height of 2,446m, but SRTM gives a little higher at 2,448m.
- Getting there:Coming soon
- Accommodation: Coming soon
- Permits: Coming soon
- Water sources: Coming soon
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):
Origins and Meaning
‘Gedang’ means big or large in local Minangkabau language. So, “Big Mountain” is a fair translation.