- Elevation: 3,016 m (9,895 ft)
- Prominence: 1,587 m
- Ribu category: Sangat Tinggi
- Province: Sulawesi Selatan (South Sulawesi)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Baliase
We currently know very little about this peak – it has been climbed by students from hiking clubs in Makassar and the trek takes about one week in total. Apparently the peak called Balease is just 2,894m and the highest peak (3,016m) is known as Gunung Tolangi (or ‘Toelangi’) and is 2 kilometres south of Balease.
- Getting there: The closest airport is Palopo which has daily flights to/from Makassar.
- Accommodation: Unknown
- Permits: Unknown
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):