- Elevation: 2,700 m (8,858 ft)
- Prominence: 2,700 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Maluku (Moluccas)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Kaplamada, Kapalamadan, Kepala Madan
This Ribu is the highest point of Buru island. Almost certainly not climbed in recent decades. The name may even be incorrect – there is another high peak called Kakudgehan according to a local hiker from the region.
Without doubt, a look at the relevant Bakosurtanal map would be highly beneficial for anyone thinking of attempting it. There appear to be animal tracks high up the mountainside (based on Google Earth satellite imagery), presumably wild pig.
This is one of the most significant mysterious peaks in Indonesia outside of Papua.
- Getting there: Wings currently fly there from Ambon.
- Accommodation: Unknown
- Permits: Unknown – take a photocopy of your passport photo page just incase.
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):