Reply To: Covid-19 and trails re-opening.

DanDan
Keymaster

According to NTT Tourism Board, all ‘objek wisata’ in Nusa Tenggara Timur closed until at least May 30th.

The problem, of course, is what constitutes an ‘objek wisata’. Kelimutu and Komodo for sure. But Dola Koyakoya, the highest peak of Alor that is climbed perhaps 2 or 3 times a year? How about that, for example? The bigger question is how easy is it going to be for non-Indonesians to arrive at obscure airports such as the little one in Alor and not get questioned, quarantined, harassed, or sent back or whatever, with or without a local residency permit, and according to some local regent’s order or other that are generally so hard to find online.

As the answer to that type of question is generally unclear, and no joined up government website with the important details exists as of yet, I imagine most will be holding back on travelling for much of the rest of the year. And indeed I have just cancelled my long-planned Alor trip next month! Another one bites the dust. Has the new Tourism Minister thought about this yet? A website is very cheap and easy to set up. Getting up to date info from numerous regents however is likely to be difficult and perhaps the decentralization will make the recovery a very long slow process.