- Elevation: 2,171 m (7,123 ft)
- Prominence: 1,041 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Peninsular Malaysia
- Malaysian state: Kelantan
- Range: Banjaran Titiwangsa / Main Range
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
From the trailhead at Pos Simpoh (820m) to Kampung Rekom (910m, an Orang Asli village) takes 4 hours, a further one hour via Kem Sungai Rekon (970m) and Kem Pakma (1,010m) to Kem Tengah (1,125m). From there it is a further 1.5 hr to Camp Tongkat Ali (1,260m), a further hour Anak Chamah (1,695m), and a further 2.5 hours via Kem Cinderella (1,725m) to Chamah summit, so in total around 10 hours one way.
The summit is in dense forest so views are limited. Most hikers spread the hike over three days, with 2 nights spent camping at Kampung Rekom.
The hike could be combined with Ulu Sepat, but you would need 5 or 6 days in total. The combination trail leads northwest from Kampung Rekom via Kem Sungai Peres (1,105m), Kem Maggi (1,440m) and Kem Sempadan (1,685m).
For a high quality PDF version of this and other trail maps, please download from our Trail Maps page.
If you are a reliable local guide and would like to be featured on this page to increase your bookings, or a tourist who would like to support the development of a local guide business, please email email@example.com with the following information: Mountain name, guide name, guide location, guide contact details, and at least one English language review from a previous hiker who was pleased with the guiding services. An example is given below for reference. We have a maximum quota of 3 featured guides for each mountain page on the site. The fee for this is £20 (British pounds sterling, typically via the Wise app or PayPal) for a period of 1 year and helps to pay towards the ongoing development of the Gunung Bagging project.
- Name and location: Pak Budi, Surabaya, East Java.
- Contact details: +62812xxxxxxxx, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.instagram.com/budi_mountain_guide/
- Review from previous client: “Budi was a brilliant guide for our September 2023 trek up Gunung X and I would definitely recommend him to other tourists“, John, USA.
- Getting there: From Kuala Betis, take a 4WD to Sungai Simpoh (3-4 hours depending on the road condition).
- Trip planning assistance: Would you like Gunung Bagging to personally help you in arranging your whole trip? Please contact us here.
- Permits: Register at Gua Musang Police Station. You can register and pay for an e-Permit online from the Forestry Department of Malaysia website.
- Water sources: At almost all of the camp spots, notably not at Kem Cinderella.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall