- Elevation: 919 m (3,015 ft)
- Prominence: 919 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Nusa Tenggara Timur
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none
This peak is an island in Maumere Bay.
- Getting there: Fishing or dive boat from Maumere.
- Accommodation: There are several hotels/losmen in Maumere.
- Permits: Unknown
- Water sources: Unknown – take sufficient supplies with you.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):
Origins and Meaning
‘Pulau Besar’ simply means ‘big island’. We are not currently aware of the actual name of the highest point of the island.