- Elevation :549 m (1,801 ft)
- Prominence: 549 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Nusa Tenggara Timur
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Molas
The small island of Mules is situated just off the southern coast of Flores. The highest peak, presumably known as Gunung Mules, appears as a fantastic steep cliff from many angles and is probably an excellent viewpoint over the ocean.
Nominated as a Spesial peak by Chris Whiting.
- Getting there: Charter a boat to make the short crossing from mainland Flores.
- Accommodation: None available on the island itself.
- Permits: Not required but take a photocopy of your passport photo page just incase.
- Water sources: Unlikely on the mountain. Take plenty with you.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):