- Elevation: 1,236 m (4,055 ft)
- Prominence: 1,059 m
- Ribu category: Kurang Tinggi
- Province: Kalimantan Timur (East Kalimantan)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none
Gunung Lumut is listed as 1,183m high on the Bakosurtanal map but this is almost certainly an underestimate based on other, more recent sources. From Balikpapan it would probably require 4 days – one to get there, one to hike up, one to hike down and one to return.
- Getting there: Unknown
- Accommodation: Unknown
- Permits: Take a photocopy of your passport photo page just incase.
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):
Origins and Meaning
‘Lumut’ means moss. So, “Mossy Mountain” might be a reasonable translation.