- Elevation: 1,933 m (6,341 ft)
- Prominence: 1,020 m
- Ribu category: Kurang Tinggi
- Province: Peninsular Malaysia
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
It takes most fit hikers about 5 hours to reach the peak, and a little less to descend. The trail length is around 9km one way. The starting elevation is very low, so you need to ascend around 1,730m and back down again, making this a very strenuous undertaking, especially if you plan to do it in one long day.
The trail leads via Lubuk Hantu campsite and river (after 1 hour), Camp 7-E / 7-Eleven (after 3.5 hours total). Liang Barat (Liang West) is just a couple of feet less high than Liang Timur (East) and is only 5 minutes further beyond the summit of Liang Timur.
- Getting there: The trailhead at Behrang Permanent Forest Reserve is only about 1.5 hours from Kuala Lumpur. Tanjung Malim is the closest train station. In 2018, there is a northbound train leaving KL around 2330 and one returning south arriving KL again around 2000.
- Accommodation: coming soon.
- Permits: coming soon.
- Water sources: Available at Lubuk Hantu
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall