- Elevation: 1,444 m (4,738 ft)
- Prominence: 1,306 m
- Ribu category: Kurang Tinggi
- Province: Nusa Tenggara Barat
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: A grassy spot 3km away at 1,050m is known as Pundu Nence
Doro Maria appears to be the name given the the highest point of this range, although the grassy spot 3 kilometers to the west of the peak at 1,050m is known as Pundu Nence and is commonly climbed by local campers who enjoy the view below.
Pundu Nence (often shortened to Punce – pronounced pun-cheh) is usually climbed from Lelamase, and we do not currently know if this is the same route as a supposed other trail at Kampung Maria. Before Pos 1 are some old canons of unknown antiquity. Apparently it takes around 7 or 8 hours to reach Pundu Nence. It is not known if there is a trail to the top of Doro Maria from Pundu Nence, but if there is it will be at least 2 more hours (one way) through forest. Old military maps suggest Doro Maria is as high as 1,484m but this seems an over-estimate. Note that some maps call this peak Daria rather than Maria.
- Getting there: Several flights per day to Bima from Denpasar. It takes just over one hour to reach the trailhead, supposedly called Kampung Maria, from the airport.
- Accommodation: Some basic accommodation in Bima. Hotel La’mbitu is pretty good.
- Permits: Take a photocopy of your passport photo page to give to the village chief.
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):