- Elevation: 2,171 m (7,123 ft)
- Prominence: 1,041 m
- Ribu category: Tinggi Sedang
- Province: Peninsular Malaysia
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: none.
From the trailhead to Kampung Rekom (an Orang Asli village) takes 4 hours, a further one hour to Camp Tengah, a further 1.5 hr to Camp Tongkat Ali, a further hour Anak Chamah, and a further 2.5 hours to Chamah summit, so in total around 10 hours one way.
The summit is in dense forest so views are limited. Most hikers spread the hike over three days, with 2 nights spent camping at Kampung Rekom. The hike could be combined with Ulu Sepat, but you would need 5 or 6 days in total.
- Getting there: From Kuala Betis, take a 4WD to Sungai Simpoh (3 hours).
- Accommodation: coming soon.
- Permits: Register at Gua Musang Police Station. You can register and pay for an e-Permit online from the Forestry Department of Malaysia website.
- Water sources: At Kampung Rekom campsite and Tongkat Ali.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall