- Elevation: 3,079 m (10,102 ft)
- Prominence: 1,805 m
- Ribu category: Sangat Tinggi
- Province: Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Kurik, Anu, Gunung Lembu
This mountain is listed as Gunung Lembu on the Bakosurtanal map, with a height of 3,043m. To the south-east is Gunung Gemiring at 2,985m.
- Getting there: It takes roughly 12 hours to reach the starting point from Medan by private car.
- Accommodation: In view of the long journey it is a good idea to stop on the way from Medan.
- Permits: Likely to be time consuming!
- Water sources: Available in various places – your porters/guides will advise how much bottled water you will need to bring.
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):
Origins and Meaning
‘Mountain of elephants’ in Acehnese. (Thanks to Mark Durie, 2011). Presumably the mountain is, or was, home to a large number of elephants.