- Elevation: 1,957 m (6,421 ft)
- Prominence: 996 m
- Ribu category: Spesial
- Province: Sulawesi Selatan (South Sulawesi)
- Google Earth: kml
- Other names: Ambeso
Gunung Ambeso is sometimes climbed be local students from the southern part of the Toraja region. There are minor roads quite high up the side of the mountain so it could probably be done as a dayhike.
The Bakosurtanal map lists this peak as ‘Buntu Ambeso’ with an elevation of 1,949m. The peak just over 1 kilometre to the west is Buntu Sangbuah (1,866m) and the peak around 2 kilometres to the south-west is Buntu Kuku (1,910m).
- Getting there: Makele is the nearest town on the main road between Enrekang and Rantepao.
- Accommodation: Available in Makele or further north in Rantepao.
- Permits: Unknown
- Water sources: Unknown
- Travel insurance: We recommend World Nomads insurance, which is designed for adventurous travellers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and a range of adventure sports and activities including mountain hiking.
Local Average Monthly Rainfall (mm):